Jump to Main Content
- Wang, Jiaping; Li, Guiying; Yin, Hongliang; An, Taicheng
- Environmental research 2020 v.185 pp. 109451
- bacteria; biofilm; carbohydrate content; copper; enzyme activity; foams; gene expression regulation; genes; nickel; oxidative stress; pipelines; polymers; public health; reactive oxygen species; shrinkage; stainless steel; tap water; titanium
- ... Overwhelming growth of bacterial biofilms on different metal-based pipeline materials are intractable and pose a serious threat to public health when tap water flows though these pipelines. Indeed, the underlying mechanism of biofilm growth on the surface of different pipeline materials deserves detailed exploration to provide subsequent implementation strategies for biofilm control. Thus, in this ...
- Tayemeh, Mohammad Behzadi; Kalbassi, Mohammad Reza; Paknejad, Hamed; Joo, Hamid Salari
- Environmental research 2020 v.185 pp. 109477
- Danio rerio; additives; antioxidant activity; antioxidant enzymes; dietary supplements; gene expression regulation; genes; liver; nanocapsules; nanosilver; oxidative stress; pollutants; protective effect; quercetin; superoxide dismutase; toxicity; transcription (genetics)
- ... The present study assessed the protective effect of chitosan-nanoencapsulated quercetin (Qu-ChiNPs) against oxidative stress caused by silver nanoparticles (AgNPs). To this end, the transcription of prime genes regulating hepatic Keap1-Nrf2 pathway as well as downstream antioxidant enzymes were monitored prior to and after oxidative stress by AgNPs. Zebrafish (Danio rerio; n = 225) was assigned in ...