Jump to Main Content
- Lawal, Isiaka A.; Klink, Michael; Ndungu, Patrick
- Environmental research 2019 v.179 pp. 108837
- Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; Vitex doniana; X-ray diffraction; acetaminophen; adsorbents; adsorption; biomass; ciprofloxacin; dyes; kaolin; kinetics; models; pH; pollutants; scanning electron microscopy; solvents; sorption isotherms; thermogravimetry; wastes
- ... Waste from biomass was used to prepare a low–cost biochar–clay hybrid adsorbent. The hybrid adsorbent was synthesised by combining Kaolin with biomass (Vitex doniana), thereafter, modified with Deep Eutectic Solvent (DES). The materials were characterised using scanning electron microscopy (SEM), X-ray diffraction (XRD), Fourier transform infrared spectrometry (FTIR), Thermal gravimetric analysis ...
- Villen-Guzman, M.; Gutierrez-Pinilla, D.; Gomez-Lahoz, C.; Vereda-Alonso, C.; Rodriguez-Maroto, J.M.; Arhoun, B.
- Environmental research 2019 v.179 pp. 108849
- Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; adsorption; agricultural wastes; ammonia; aqueous solutions; biosorbents; biosorption; calcium chloride; effluents; endothermy; hydrochloric acid; lemon peels; models; moieties; nickel; nitric acid; pH; phosphoric acid; scanning electron microscopy; sodium hydroxide; sorption isotherms; sulfuric acid; thermodynamics; water treatment
- ... The valorization of agricultural waste peels as a low-cost biosorbent is a promising approach to water treatment. In this work, the improvement of the adsorption capacity of lemon peel to remove Ni (II) from aqueous effluents was explored using several chemical modifiers: HNO3, HCl, H3PO4, CaCl2, NH3 and NaOH. The surface pretreatment using NaOH was selected as the best option because of the impro ...