Jump to Main Content
- Chun-Xue Yang; Shuai Zhao; Ze-Chong Guo; Wen-Zong Liu; Ling Wang; Shao-Peng Yu; Bao-Ling Liu; Xue Cong
- Environmental research 2020 v.186 pp. 109503
- Acidobacteria; Caloramator; acidification; activated sludge; chemical oxygen demand; fermentation; heat tolerance; hydrolysis; microbial communities; proteins; proteolysis; short chain fatty acids; thermophilic bacteria
- ... Adding alkaline into an anaerobic waste activated sludge (WAS) fermentation with thermophilic bacteria pretreatment could efficiently improve short-chain fatty acids (SCFAs) accumulation to 3550 ± 120 mg COD/L. The acidification rate in combined test was 21.2%, while that was 15.6% and 10.7% in sole thermophilic bacteria pretreatment and control tests respectively. Four distinct groups of microbes ...
- Qinghong Wang; Jiahao Liang; Simin Zhang; Brandon A. Yoza; Qing X. Li; Yali Zhan; Huangfan Ye; Peng Zhao; Chunmao Chen
- Environmental research 2020 v.189 pp. 109939
- Acidobacteria; Bacteroidetes; Chloroflexi; Planctomycetes; Proteobacteria; acidification; activated sludge; bacterial communities; biochemical oxygen demand; biochemical pathways; biofilters; biological treatment; caprolactam; community structure; hydrolysis; naphthalene; petroleum; phylogeny; research; toluene; total nitrogen; variance; wastewater; wastewater treatment
- ... The efficiency of petrochemical wastewater biological treatment is dependent upon complex bacterial communities. A well understanding of the structure and function of bacterial community and their association with environmental variables is essential for the elucidation of contaminant removal mechanisms and optimization of wastewater treatment processes. In this study, the bacterial communities an ...