Jump to Main Content
- Yapeng Tang; Yang Li; Mingqian Zhang; Pu Xiong; Lifen Liu; Yongming Bao; Zhiqiang Zhao
- Environmental research 2021 v.194 pp. 110498
- Caloramator; Enterococcus; Syntrophus; Trichococcus; X-ray diffraction; X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy; acetates; electron transfer; ferrihydrite; hematite; magnetite; methane; methane production; microbial communities; phenol; research; sludge
- ... Fe(III) oxides have been investigated to accelerate anaerobic methanogenic degradation of complex organic compounds. However, the critical role linked to the characteristics of different types of Fe(III) oxides is still unclear. Study presented here performed a side-by-side comparison of four types of Fe(III) oxides including Fe(III)-citrate, ferrihydrite, hematite and magnetite to evaluate their ...
- Chun-Xue Yang; Shuai Zhao; Ze-Chong Guo; Wen-Zong Liu; Ling Wang; Shao-Peng Yu; Bao-Ling Liu; Xue Cong
- Environmental research 2020 v.186 pp. 109503
- Acidobacteria; Caloramator; acidification; activated sludge; chemical oxygen demand; fermentation; heat tolerance; hydrolysis; microbial communities; proteins; proteolysis; short chain fatty acids; thermophilic bacteria
- ... Adding alkaline into an anaerobic waste activated sludge (WAS) fermentation with thermophilic bacteria pretreatment could efficiently improve short-chain fatty acids (SCFAs) accumulation to 3550 ± 120 mg COD/L. The acidification rate in combined test was 21.2%, while that was 15.6% and 10.7% in sole thermophilic bacteria pretreatment and control tests respectively. Four distinct groups of microbes ...