Jump to Main Content
- Scruggs, Caroline E.; Ortolano, Leonard
- Environmental science & policy 2011 v.14 no.6 pp. 605-614
- business enterprises; chemical hazards; environmental health; environmental science; humans; ingredients; interviews; issues and policy; models; risk; toxic substances; trade; United States
- ... This paper provides a firsthand view of challenges faced by 20 multinational consumer product companies in obtaining needed information about chemicals used as product inputs, and highlights the strategies these companies have voluntarily adopted in an attempt to avoid or reduce hazardous chemicals in their products. This information may be useful to policy makers in considering reform of U.S. che ...
- BenDor, Todd; Riggsbee, J. Adam
- Environmental science & policy 2011 v.14 no.6 pp. 639-649
- Clean Water Act; Internet; compliance; environmental science; issues and policy; nongovernmental organizations; professionals; qualitative analysis; risk; streams; surveys; uncertainty; wetlands; United States
- ... In 2008, federal regulators issued formal regulations governing wetland and stream mitigation in an effort to improve ecological quality and reduce uncertainty during the mitigation process. In this article, we explore how the federal regulations (“the Rule”) reduce compliance risks assumed by regulators when issuing permits that require wetland and stream mitigation under the U.S. Clean Water Act ...