Jump to Main Content
- Watanabe, Marcos D.B.; Ortega, Enrique
- Environmental science & policy 2011 v.14 no.6 pp. 594-604
- aquifers; biogeochemical cycles; carbon; carbon dioxide; climate; ecosystem services; ecosystems; emergy; environmental science; food production; greenhouse gas emissions; groundwater flow; groundwater recharge; issues and policy; leaching; methane; nitrogen; nitrogen fixation; nitrous oxide; prices; runoff; soil formation; willingness to pay
- ... Ecosystem services (ES) are provided by healthy ecosystems and are fundamental to support human life. However, natural systems have been degraded all over the world and the process of degradation is partially attributed to the lack of knowledge regarding the economic benefits associated with ES, which usually are not captured in the market. To valuate ES without using conventional approaches, such ...
- Yellishetty, Mohan; Mudd, Gavin M.; Ranjith, P.G.; Tharumarajah, A.
- Environmental science & policy 2011 v.14 no.6 pp. 650-663
- ecosystem services; environmental assessment; greenhouse gas emissions; industry; issues and policy; prices; recycling; regression analysis; steel
- ... This paper reports on historical analysis of the steel industry in which crude steel production trends are quantified for the period from 1950 to 2006. On the basis of this analysis, the future production of steel for the world is estimated using regression analysis. The historical analysis shows that the world steel production increased from 187Mt to 1299Mt in that period. In addition, the paper ...