Jump to Main Content
- Edelenbos, Jurian; van Buuren, Arwin; van Schie, Nienke
- Environmental science & policy 2011 v.14 no.6 pp. 675-684
- decision making; environmental science; experts; issues and policy; stakeholders; water management
- ... This article analyzes the process of knowledge co-production between experts, bureaucrats and stakeholders in two Dutch water management projects. The methods used for coproduction are analyzed, along with the impact of the resulting knowledge on the decision-making process. Based on the cases, it is concluded that knowledge co-production between experts and bureaucrats is not very problematic, be ...
- Macdonald, Ewan A.; Collins, Murray; Johnson, Paul J.; Clayton, Lynn M.; Malhi, Yadvinder; Fisher, Joshua B.; Milner-Gulland, E.J.; Macdonald, David W.
- Environmental science & policy 2011 v.14 no.6 pp. 697-708
- carbon; case studies; community development; conservation areas; deforestation; development projects; emissions; forests; geographic information systems; interviews; issues and policy; national parks; remote sensing; stakeholders; surveys; wildlife management; Indonesia
- ... Discussions on how to reduce carbon emissions from deforestation and degradation have prompted scrutiny of methods for measuring rates of forest loss, as well as discussion of the role of protected area (PA) status in reducing tropical deforestation. This study employs a range of techniques including GIS analyses and local stakeholder interviews to examine the effectiveness of three comparable PAs ...