Jump to Main Content
- Zarei-Baygi, Ali; Harb, Moustapha; Wang, Phillip; Stadler, Lauren B.; Smith, Adam L.
- Environmental science & technology 2019 v.53 no.7 pp. 3599-3609
- membrane bioreactors, etc ; antibiotic resistance genes; antibiotics; biomass; energy efficiency; interspersed repetitive sequences; macrolides; sulfonamides; wastewater treatment; Show all 9 Subjects
- ... Anaerobic membrane bioreactors (AnMBRs) are an emerging technology with potential to improve energy efficiency and effluent reuse in mainstream wastewater treatment. However, their contribution to the proliferation of contaminants of emerging concern, such as antibiotic resistance genes (ARGs), remains largely unknown. The purpose of this study was to determine the effect of select influent antibi ...
- Vatankhah, Hooman; Szczuka, Aleksandra; Mitch, William A.; Almaraz, Nohemi; Brannum, Jacob; Bellona, Christopher
- Environmental science & technology 2019 v.53 no.5 pp. 2720-2730
- membrane bioreactors, etc ; N-nitrosodimethylamine; activated carbon; byproducts; dioxane; disinfection; filtration; haloacetic acids; hydroxyl radicals; ozonation; ozone; reverse osmosis; wastewater; water reuse; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... Ozonation followed by biologically active filtration (BAF) (O₃–BAF) treatment has become an alternative to reverse osmosis in potable wastewater reuse applications because of the ability to produce a high-quality effluent while reducing brine production and disposal. In this study, effluent from a sequencing batch membrane bioreactor (SBMBR) was treated by O₃–BAF at three specific ozone doses (0.5 ...