Jump to Main Content
- Quan, Xie, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Environmental science & technology 2019 v.53 no.9 pp. 5195-5201
- carboxylic acids; cost effectiveness; electrochemistry; electrodes; electrolytes; hydroxyl radicals; mineralization; nitrates; oxidation; perchlorates; perfluorooctanoic acid; persistent organic pollutants; sulfates; total organic carbon
- ... Electrochemical oxidation based on SO₄•– and •OH generated from sulfate electrolyte is a cost-effective method for degradation of persistent organic pollutants (POPs). However, sulfate activation remains a great challenge due to lack of active and robust electrodes. Herein, a B/N codoped diamond (BND) electrode is designed for electrochemical degradation of POPs via sulfate activation. It is effic ...
- Quan, Xie, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Environmental science & technology 2019 v.53 no.9 pp. 5292-5300
- antifouling activities; antimicrobial properties; asymmetric membranes; bacteria; biofilm; biofouling; carbon nanotubes; drinking water; electric potential difference; electrochemistry; nanosilver; organic matter; silver; water treatment
- ... Excellent fouling resistance to various foulants is crucial to maintain the separation performance of membranes in providing potable water. Antimicrobial modification is effective for antibiofouling but fails to mitigate organic fouling. Improving surface charges can improve the resistance to charged foulants, but the lack of antimicrobial ability results in bacterial aggregation. Herein, a silver ...