Jump to Main Content
- Huang, Ru-Jin; Yang, Lu; Cao, Junji; Chen, Yang; Chen, Qi; Li, Yongjie; Duan, Jing; Zhu, Chongshu; Dai, Wenting; Wang, Kai; Lin, Chunshui; Ni, Haiyan; Corbin, Joel C.; Wu, Yunfei; Zhang, Renjian; Tie, Xuexi; Hoffmann, Thorsten; O’Dowd, Colin; Dusek, Uli
- Environmental science & technology 2018 v.52 no.12 pp. 6825-6833
- air quality; water solubility; radiative forcing; winter; polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons; absorption; chemical analysis; aerosols; organic carbon; photochemistry; troposphere; burning; summer; emissions; biomass; optical properties; climate; China
- ... Light-absorbing organic carbon (i.e., brown carbon or BrC) in the atmospheric aerosol has significant contribution to light absorption and radiative forcing. However, the link between BrC optical properties and chemical composition remains poorly constrained. In this study, we combine spectrophotometric measurements and chemical analyses of BrC samples collected from July 2008 to June 2009 in urba ...
- Ye, Qing; Gu, Peishi; Li, Hugh Z.; Robinson, Ellis S.; Lipsky, Eric; Kaltsonoudis, Christos; Lee, Alex K.Y.; Apte, Joshua S.; Robinson, Allen L.; Sullivan, Ryan C.; Presto, Albert A.; Donahue, Neil M.
- Environmental science & technology 2018 v.52 no.12 pp. 6807-6815
- aerosols; atmospheric chemistry; cooking; emissions; environmental science; mass spectrometry; metropolitan areas; mixing; monitoring; particulates; restaurants; spatial variation; spectrometers; traffic; Pennsylvania
- ... Characterizing intracity variations of atmospheric particulate matter has mostly relied on fixed-site monitoring and quantifying variability in terms of different bulk aerosol species. In this study, we performed ground-based mobile measurements using a single-particle mass spectrometer to study spatial patterns of source-specific particles and the evolution of particle mixing state in 21 areas in ...