Jump to Main Content
- Zhang, Hongliang; Guo, Hao; Hu, Jianlin; Ying, Qi; Kleeman, Michael J.
- Environmental science & technology 2018 v.53 no.1 pp. 270-278
- aerosols; air quality; carbon; climate; diurnal variation; hygroscopicity; mixing; models; rural areas; soot; traffic; California; Gulf of Mexico; Texas
- ... The aging process of soot particles has significant implications when estimating their impacts on air quality and climate. In this study, the source-oriented University of California at Davis/California Institute of Technology model with externally mixed aerosol representation is expanded to track the age distribution of elemental carbon (EC) in Southeast Texas. EC with the age of 0–3 h (i.e., emi ...
- Xue, Jian; Xue, Wei; Sowlat, Mohammad H.; Sioutas, Constantinos; Lolinco, Annabelle; Hasson, Alam; Kleeman, Michael J.
- Environmental science & technology 2018 v.53 no.1 pp. 39-49
- aerosols; air pollution; burning; cities; cooking; diesel fuel; emissions; fuel combustion; gasoline; genetic markers; meat; oils; organic carbon; particulates; smoke; winter; wood; California
- ... Samples of ultrafine particle matter mass (PM₀.₁) were collected over 12 months at three cities in California: Los Angeles, East Oakland, San Pablo, and over six months at Fresno. Molecular markers adjusted for volatility and reactivity were used to calculate PM₀.₁ source contributions. Wood burning was a significant source of PM₀.₁ organic carbon (OC) during the winter months in northern Californ ...