Jump to Main Content
- Zhao, Zijian; Wang, Yuxuan; Qin, Momei; Hu, Yongtao; Xie, Yuanyu; Russell, Armistead G.
- Environmental science & technology 2018 v.53 no.1 pp. 242-250
- aerosols; air quality; case studies; drought; emissions; gases; isoprene; models; particulates; sulfates; volatile organic compounds; wet deposition; Southeastern United States
- ... Secondary organic aerosol (SOA) is a significant component of fine particulate matter, and it has increased during past drought periods in the U.S. Here, we use the Community Multiscale Air Quality (CMAQ) model to characterize the complex effects of drought on SOA through a case study comparing a drought period (June 2011) and a wet period (June 2013) over the southeast U.S. The model simulates a ...
- Zhang, Hongliang; Guo, Hao; Hu, Jianlin; Ying, Qi; Kleeman, Michael J.
- Environmental science & technology 2018 v.53 no.1 pp. 270-278
- aerosols; air quality; carbon; climate; diurnal variation; hygroscopicity; mixing; models; rural areas; soot; traffic; California; Gulf of Mexico; Texas
- ... The aging process of soot particles has significant implications when estimating their impacts on air quality and climate. In this study, the source-oriented University of California at Davis/California Institute of Technology model with externally mixed aerosol representation is expanded to track the age distribution of elemental carbon (EC) in Southeast Texas. EC with the age of 0–3 h (i.e., emi ...