Jump to Main Content
- Cassandra Rauert; Tom Harner; Jasmin K. Schuster; Anita Eng; Gilberto Fillmann; Luisa Eugenia Castillo; Oscar Fentanes; Martín Villa Ibarra; Karina S. B. Miglioranza; Isabel Moreno Rivadeneira; Karla Pozo; Beatriz Helena Aristizábal Zuluaga
- Environmental science & technology 2018 v.52 no.13 pp. 7240-7249
- air; esters; flame retardants; organophosphorus compounds; perfluoroalkyl acids; perfluorocarbons; persistent organic pollutants; pesticides; polybrominated diphenyl ethers; population density; siloxanes; sulfonates; Brazil; Caribbean; Colombia; Latin America
- ... A special initiative was run by the Global Atmospheric Passive Sampling (GAPS) Network to provide atmospheric data on a range of emerging chemicals of concern and candidate and new persistent organic pollutants in the Group of Latin America and Caribbean (GRULAC) region. Regional-scale data for a range of flame retardants (FRs) including polybrominated diphenyl ethers (PBDEs), organophosphate este ...
- Chuanbin Zhou; Ayman Elshkaki; T. E. Graedel
- Environmental science & technology 2018 v.52 no.3 pp. 1208-1215
- biomass; crop residues; environmental science; food loss; fuelwood; humans; income; population growth; primary productivity; socioeconomic development; urbanization; vision; wood residues; Africa; Asia; Europe; Latin America; North America
- ... Human appropriation of net primary production (HANPP) methodology has previously been developed to assess the intensity of anthropogenic extraction of biomass resources. However, there is limited analysis concerning future trends of HANPP. Here we present four scenarios for global biomass demand and HANPPₕₐᵣᵥ (the most key component of HANPP) from 2010 to 2050 by incorporating data on expanded his ...