Jump to Main Content
- Huang, Ru-Jin; Yang, Lu; Cao, Junji; Chen, Yang; Chen, Qi; Li, Yongjie; Duan, Jing; Zhu, Chongshu; Dai, Wenting; Wang, Kai; Lin, Chunshui; Ni, Haiyan; Corbin, Joel C.; Wu, Yunfei; Zhang, Renjian; Tie, Xuexi; Hoffmann, Thorsten; O’Dowd, Colin; Dusek, Uli
- Environmental science & technology 2018 v.52 no.12 pp. 6825-6833
- air quality; water solubility; radiative forcing; winter; polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons; absorption; chemical analysis; aerosols; organic carbon; photochemistry; troposphere; burning; summer; emissions; biomass; optical properties; climate; China
- ... Light-absorbing organic carbon (i.e., brown carbon or BrC) in the atmospheric aerosol has significant contribution to light absorption and radiative forcing. However, the link between BrC optical properties and chemical composition remains poorly constrained. In this study, we combine spectrophotometric measurements and chemical analyses of BrC samples collected from July 2008 to June 2009 in urba ...
- Liu, Maodian; Zhang, Qianru; Luo, Yao; Mason, Robert P.; Ge, Shidong; He, Yipeng; Yu, Chenghao; Sa, Rina; Cao, Hanlin; Wang, Xuejun; Chen, Long
- Environmental science & technology 2018 v.52 no.12 pp. 6945-6956
- air temperature; emissions; humans; issues and policy; land use change; mercury; soil; streams; terrestrial ecosystems; vegetation cover; water erosion; China
- ... Terrestrial mercury (Hg) transport, induced by water erosion and exacerbated by human activities, constitutes a major disturbance of the natural Hg cycle, but the processes are still not well understood. In this study, we modeled these processes using detailed information on erosion and Hg in soils and found that vast quantities of total Hg (THg) are being removed from land surfaces in China as a ...