Jump to Main Content
- Saetta, Daniella; Padda, Arsh; Li, Xiushuang; Leyva, Carlos; Mirchandani, Pitu B.; Boscovic, Dragan; Boyer, Treavor H.
- Environmental science & technology 2019 v.53 no.6 pp. 3187-3197
- hydrolysis, etc ; acetic acid; mixing; models; monitoring; off odors; pH; regression analysis; urea; urination; urine; United States; Show all 12 Subjects
- ... This research used a cyber-physical system (CPS) to monitor and control the extent of urea hydrolysis in nonwater urinals. Real-time pH and conductivity data were used to control urea hydrolysis inhibition under realistic restroom conditions with acetic acid addition. Variable urination frequencies and urination volumes were used to compare three conditions that affect the progression of urea hydr ...
- Cai, Mei-Qiang; Hu, Jian-Qiang; Wells, George; Seo, Youngwoo; Spinney, Richard; Ho, Shih-Hsin; Dionysiou, Dionysios D.; Su, Jie; Xiao, Ruiyang; Wei, Zongsu
- Environmental science & technology 2018 v.52 no.7 pp. 4313-4323
- hydrolysis, etc ; acidification; activated sludge; bound water; cakes; dewatering; environmental law; filterability; moieties; oxidation; pH; spectral analysis; ultrasonic treatment; urbanization; United States; Show all 15 Subjects
- ... Enhancing activated sludge dewaterability is of scientific and engineering importance in the face of accelerated urbanization and stringent environmental regulations. In this study, we investigated the integration of acidification and ultrasound (A/US) treatment for improving sludge dewaterability at both bench- and pilot-scales. Our results showed that the A/US process exhibited significantly imp ...