Jump to Main Content
- Nizzetto, Luca, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Environmental science & technology 2019 v.53 no.9 pp. 4869-4879
- forest ecosystems; forest litter; leaching; mercury; organic matter; tropical forests; understory; volatilization
- ... A novel passive exchange meter (EM) device was developed to assess air–surface exchange and leaching of Hg in a forest floor. Flux measurements were carried out in a subtropical forest ecosystem during a full year. Over 40% of the Hg fixed in fresh forest litter was remobilized in less than 60 days in warm and humid conditions as a response to rapid turnover of labile organic matter (OM). A two-bl ...
- Nizzetto, Luca, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Environmental science & technology 2018 v.52 no.13 pp. 7409-7417
- hydrogen peroxide; organic matter; oxidation; plastics; potassium hydroxide; protocols; sludge; sodium hydroxide; soil; soil sampling; wet digestion method
- ... Complex and organic-rich solid substrates such as sludge and soil have been shown to be contaminated by microplastics; however, methods for extracting plastic particles have not yet been systemically tested or standardized. This study investigated four main protocols for the removal of organic material during analysis of microplastics from complex solid matrices: oxidation using H₂O₂, Fenton’s rea ...