Jump to Main Content
- Riva, Matthieu, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Environmental science & technology 2018 v.52 no.21 pp. 12255-12264
- aerosols; aldehydes; atmospheric pressure; forests; free radicals; gases; hydroxyl radicals; isomers; isoprene; mass spectrometry; models; nitric oxide; oxidation; oxygen; prediction
- ... It is generally assumed that isoprene-derived secondary organic aerosol (SOA) precursors are mainly formed from the secondary reactions of intermediate products with OH radicals in the gas phase and multiphase oxidation in particles. In this paper, we predicted a theoretical mechanism for the primary formation of highly oxygenated molecules (HOM) in the gas phase through successive intramolecular ...
- Riva, Matthieu, et al. Show all 16 Authors
- Environmental science & technology 2018 v.52 no.7 pp. 4061-4071
- acetaldehyde; aerosols; ammonium; carbon; chemical analysis; diodes; environmental science; ionization; liquid chromatography; mass spectrometry; methylamine; photolysis; pyruvic acid; spectral analysis; sulfates
- ... Aqueous methylglyoxal chemistry has often been implicated as an important source of oligomers in atmospheric aerosol. Here we report on chemical analysis of brown carbon aerosol particles collected from cloud cycling/photolysis chamber experiments, where gaseous methylglyoxal and methylamine interacted with glycine, ammonium, or methylammonium sulfate seed particles. Eighteen N-containing oligomer ...