Jump to Main Content
- Khatikarn, Jidapa; Satapornvanit, Kriengkrai; Price, OliverR.; Van den Brink, PaulJ.
- Environmental science and pollution research international 2018 v.25 no.14 pp. 13244-13253
- Chlorella ellipsoidea; aquatic communities; aquatic invertebrates; biodiversity; ecosystems; environmental assessment; ionization; lethal concentration 50; median effective concentration; microalgae; pH; risk; risk assessment; temperate zones; toxicity; triclosan; tropics; wastewater; water quality criteria
- ... The antimicrobial triclosan (TCS) has been detected in household wastewaters (untreated and treated) and receiving environments across the globe. The toxic effects of TCS on temperate standard aquatic test organisms have been widely reported with microalgae being the most sensitive. However, environmental differences between tropical and temperate regions may have selected different trait composit ...
- PubMed Central:
- Rämö, RobertA.; van den Brink, PaulJ.; Ruepert, Clemens; Castillo, LuisaE.; Gunnarsson, JonasS.
- Environmental science and pollution research international 2018 v.25 no.14 pp. 13254-13269
- adverse effects; algae; ametryn; arthropods; bananas; biodiversity; bromacil; carbaryl; chlorpyrifos; coasts; diazinon; difenoconazole; diuron; ecosystems; environmental assessment; ethoprophos; fish; fish kills; macroinvertebrates; macrophytes; mechanism of action; metabolism; models; pesticide mixtures; pineapples; plantations; pollution; rice; risk; risk assessment; rivers; runoff; terbufos; toxic substances; toxicity; water quality criteria; watersheds; zooplankton; Caribbean; Costa Rica
- ... This study assesses the ecological risks (ERA) of pesticides to aquatic organisms in the River Madre de Dios (RMD), which receives surface runoff water from banana, pineapple, and rice plantations on the Caribbean coast of Costa Rica. Water samples collected over 2 years at five sites in the RMD revealed a total of 26 pesticides. Their toxicity risk to aquatic organisms was assessed using three re ...
- PubMed Central: