Jump to Main Content
- Tofalli, Niki; Loizia, Pantelitsa; Zorpas, Antonis A.
- Environmental science and pollution research international 2018 v.25 no.36 pp. 35764-35775
- Cyprus, etc ; airplanes; airports; ethics; food waste; issues and policy; paper; plastics; waste management; Europe; Show all 10 Subjects
- ... We assume that during flights the amount of waste that is produced is limited. However, daily, approximately 8000 commercial airplanes fly above Europe’s airspace while at the same time, more than 17,000 commercial flights exist in the entire world. Using primary data from airlines, which use the Larnaca’s International Airport (LIA) in Cyprus, we have tried to understand why wastes are produced d ...
- Zorpas, Antonis A.; Dimitriou, Maria; Voukkali, Irene
- Environmental science and pollution research international 2018 v.25 no.27 pp. 26725-26735
- Cyprus, etc ; drugs; groundwater; marine environment; medicine; men; patients; pollutants; social behavior; surface water; surveys; waste management; wastes; women; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... The increase in medicine and drug consumption have resulted in identifying these emerging pollutants in all aquatic compartments, ranging from surface water and groundwater resources to the marine environment. Pharmaceuticals are an indispensable part of life today. A large number of pharmaceuticals are used in a daily basis in the treatment, prevention, cure or diagnosis of diseases or to otherwi ...