Jump to Main Content
- Lin, Qingqi; Yang, Xiuhong; Huang, Xiongfei; Wang, Shizhong; Chao, Yuanqing; Qiu, Rongliang
- Environmental science and pollution research international 2016 v.23 no.1 pp. 329-337
- 2,4-dinitrophenol, etc ; Cucurbita moschata; aquaporins; cell walls; dibutyl phthalate; enzyme kinetics; glycerol; humans; hydroponics; organelles; pumpkins; researchers; risk; roots; seedlings; silver; sodium; tissues; uptake mechanisms; Show all 19 Subjects
- ... Phthalate acid esters (PAEs) are of particular concern due to their potential environmental risk to human and nonhuman organisms. Although uptake of PAEs by plants has been reported by several researchers, information about the intracellular distribution and uptake mechanisms of PAEs is still lacking. In this study, a series of hydroponic experiments using intact pumpkin (Cucurbita moschata) seedl ...
- Bettiol, Cinzia; De Vettori, Stefania; Minervini, Giovanni; Zuccon, Elisa; Marchetto, Davide; Ghirardini, Annamaria Volpi; Argese, Emanuele
- Environmental science and pollution research international 2016 v.23 no.8 pp. 7398-7408
- 2,4-dinitrophenol, etc ; Lepidium sativum; Vibrio fischeri; bromoxynil; chloroxynil; dimethyl sulfoxide; dinoterb; hydrogen bonding; hydrophobicity; ioxynil; mechanism of action; oxidative phosphorylation; phytotoxicity; quantitative structure-activity relationships; root growth; seed germination; solvents; toxic substances; Show all 18 Subjects
- ... A phytotoxicity assay based on seed germination/root elongation has been optimized and used to evaluate the toxic effects of some phenolic herbicides. The method has been improved by investigating the influence of experimental conditions. Lepidium sativum was chosen as the most suitable species, showing high germinability, good repeatability of root length measurements, and low sensitivity to seed ...