Jump to Main Content
- van Drooge, B. L.; Fontal, M.; Bravo, N.; Fernández, P.; Fernández, M. A.; Muñoz-Arnanz, J.; Jiménez, B.; Grimalt, J. O.
- Environmental science and pollution research international 2014 v.21 no.20 pp. 11661-11670
- aerosols; air; air quality; biomass; burning; cities; emissions; filters; gas chromatography; heat; isomers; mass spectrometry; relative humidity; smoke; solar radiation; summer; tracer techniques; urban areas; wildfires; winter; Iberian Peninsula; Spain
- ... PM₁ aerosol characterization on organic tracers for biomass burning (levoglucosan and its isomers and dehydroabietic acid) was conducted within the AERTRANS project. PM₁ filters (N = 90) were sampled from 2010 to 2012 in busy streets in the urban centre of Madrid and Barcelona (Spain) at ground-level and at roof sites. In both urban areas, biomass burning was not expected to be an important local ...
- Venturini, Elisa; Vassura, Ivano; Raffo, Simona; Ferroni, Laura; Bernardi, Elena; Passarini, Fabrizio
- Environmental science and pollution research international 2014 v.21 no.20 pp. 11634-11648
- aerosols; air; biomass; cadmium; carbon; combustion; ions; lead; manufacturing; natural gas; nickel; pollution; polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons; samplers; suburban areas; temperature; toxicity; traffic; vehicles (equipment); wind
- ... In order to determine the pollution sources in a suburban area and identify the main direction of their origin, PM₂.₅ was collected with samplers coupled with a wind select sensor and then subjected to Positive Matrix Factorization (PMF) analysis. In each sample, soluble ions, organic carbon, elemental carbon, levoglucosan, metals, and Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons (PAHs) were determined. PMF r ...