Jump to Main Content
- Regens, James
- Environmental science and pollution research international 2007 v.14 no.1 pp. 19-23
- adverse effects; air; air pollution; air quality; asthma; children; cities; environmental exposure; health services; hospitals; human health; mortality; nitrogen dioxide; pollutants; public health; regression analysis; relative risk; risk factors; scientists; smoking (habit); temperature; time series analysis; Europe; Oklahoma
- ... BACKGROUND, AIM AND SCOPE: A series of severe air pollution episodes in Europe and North America prior to 1960 have focused scientific and regulatory attention on the adverse effects of air pollution on human health. As a consequence of significant reductions in ambient air pollution levels in the intervening years, scientists and public health officials have become more concerned with the potenti ...
- Zanichelli, Dario; Carloni, Francesco; Hasanaj, Ermal; D’Andrea, Nausica; Filippini, Alessandro; Setti, Leonardo
- Environmental science and pollution research international 2007 v.14 no.1 pp. 5-6
- Saccharomyces cerevisiae; agricultural wastes; bioethanol; byproducts; ethanol; ethanol production; fermentation; industrial wastes; milling; olive oil; organic matter; phenols; raw materials; reducing sugars; wastewater; yeasts
- ... BACKGROUND, AIM AND SCOPE: Agricultural industrial wastes can frequently be used as raw materials in the production of bio-fuels. Olive-oil milling wastewater is considered as one of the most polluting agro-industrial residues, but fortunately due to its high content of organic matter, it has the potential to be a valuable starting material to obtain bio-ethanol via fermentation with Saccharomyces ...