Jump to Main Content
- Paz-Alberto, Annie Melinda; Sigua, Gilbert C.; Baui, Bellrose G.; Prudente, Jacqueline A.
- Environmental science and pollution research international 2007 v.14 no.7 pp. 498
- phytoremediation; polluted soils; lead; grasses; Chrysopogon zizanioides; Imperata cylindrica; Paspalum conjugatum; plant response; viability; bioaccumulation
- ... BACKGROUND, AIMS AND SCOPE: The global problem concerning contamination of the environment as a consequence of human activities is increasing. Most of the environmental contaminants are chemical by-products and heavy metals such as lead (Pb). Lead released into the environment makes its way into the air, soil and water. Lead contributes to a variety of health effects such as decline in mental, cog ...
- Uera, Raynato B.; Paz-Alberto, Annie Melinda; Sigua, Gilbert C.
- Environmental science and pollution research international 2007 v.14 no.7 pp. 505
- soil pollution; waste treatment; phytoremediation; bromides; Solanum lycopersicum var. lycopersicum; tomatoes; Sinapis alba subsp. alba; mustard; Chrysopogon zizanioides; Imperata cylindrica; Paspalum conjugatum; Saccharum spontaneum; bioaccumulation; adsorption
- ... BACKGROUND, AIMS AND SCOPE: Research and development has its own benefits and inconveniences. One of the inconveniences is the generation of enormous quantity of diverse toxic and hazardous wastes and its eventual contamination to soil and groundwater resources. Ethidium bromide (EtBr) is one of the commonly used substances in molecular biology experiments. It is highly mutagenic and moderately to ...