Jump to Main Content
- Kröger, Gabriele; Pietsch, Jürgen; Ufermann, Kay
- Environmental science and pollution research international 1999 v.6 no.3 pp. 170-174
- databases; decision making; elements; environmental assessment; environmental impact; life cycle assessment; material flow analysis; models; organizations; planning; water supply
- ... Starting from an ecological perspective of urban-industrial areas, environmental accounting is used to analyse and to evaluate which environmental impacts are the result of communal activities (e.g. the results of different kinds of water supply systems). Therefore, the anthropogenic fluxes, the changing quality of areas as well as the processes between the environmental fields are taken into acco ...
- García-Alonso, Susana; Pérez-Pastor, Rosa María; Sevillano-Castaño, María Luisa
- Environmental science and pollution research international 1999 v.6 no.3 pp. 147-150
- air; databases; filters; foams; glass fibers; hexane; methylene chloride; monitoring; polychlorinated biphenyls; polyurethanes; urban areas; Spain
- ... The focus of this study was to characterize the concentration levels of selected PCBs and compare them to compiled data in order to contribute to the international database. The sampling site is located in the outskirts of Madrid and can be considered an open urban area. 32 samples of air were taken from February 1998 to June 1998 by using a high volume air sampler. Glass fiber filters and polyure ...