Jump to Main Content
- Migaszewski, Zdzisław M.; Gałuszka, Agnieszka; Dołęgowska, Sabina
- Environmental science and pollution research international 2016 v.23 no.24 pp. 24943-24959
- acid mine drainage; aluminum; arsenic; case studies; chromium; cobalt; copper; effluents; fractionation; hydrogeochemistry; iron; lakes; leaching; manganese; mine tailings; nickel; pH; ponds; quartzite; rare earth elements; rivers; shale; sulfates; surface mining; surface water; weathering; Poland
- ... A detailed hydrogeochemical study was performed in the Wiśniówka mining area (south-central Poland). This covered three acid pit bodies, historic tailings acid ponds, acid pools, and additionally two neighboring rivers. All these acid mine drainage (AMD) waters are characterized by the pH in the range of 1.7 (pools) to 3.5 (tailings ponds). The most interesting is the Podwiśniówka acid pit lake th ...
- PubMed Central:
- Talalaj, Izabela A.; Biedka, Pawel
- Environmental science and pollution research international 2016 v.23 no.24 pp. 24601-24613
- cadmium; chromium; copper; electrical conductivity; groundwater; groundwater contamination; issues and policy; landfills; lead; mercury; monitoring; pH; piezometers; polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons; runoff; soil water; water quality; water table; zinc
- ... The purpose of the paper is to assess the groundwater quality near the landfill sites using landfill water pollution index (LWPI). In order to investigate the scale of groundwater contamination, three landfills (E, H and S) in different stages of their operation were taken into analysis. Samples of groundwater in the vicinity of studied landfills were collected four times each year in the period f ...
- PubMed Central: