Jump to Main Content
- Awasthi, Abhishek Kumar; Zeng, Xianlai; Li, Jinhui
- Environmental science and pollution research international 2016 v.23 no.12 pp. 11509-11532
- best available technology, etc ; blood serum; breast milk; electronic wastes; exposure pathways; heavy metals; human health; humans; monitoring; pollution; polybrominated diphenyl ethers; polychlorinated biphenyls; recycling; risk; urine; waste disposal; India; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... Informal recycling of waste (including e-waste) is an emerging source of environmental pollution in India. Polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs), polychlorinated diphenyl ethers (PBDEs), and heavy metals, among other substances, are a major health concern for workers engaged in waste disposal and processing, and for residents living near these facilities, and are also a detriment to the natural environ ...
- Gartiser, Stefan; Hafner, Christoph; Hercher, Christoph; Kronenberger-Schäfer, Kerstin; Paschke, Albrecht
- Environmental science and pollution research international 2010 v.17 no.5 pp. 1149-1157
- best available technology, etc ; Algae; Danio rerio; Daphnia magna; Lemna minor; Vibrio fischeri; acute toxicity; bacteria; bioassays; biodegradability; business enterprises; carbon; carbon disulfide; carbonyl sulfide; chemical oxygen demand; chemical treatment; compliance; cost effectiveness; cyanides; dimethylamine; ecotoxicology; effluents; eggs; factories; ferric chloride; fish; genotoxicity; heavy metals; hydrogen sulfide; hydrolysis; luminescence; microextraction; monitoring; municipal wastewater; plant growth; pollution control; sulfates; tanks; toxicity testing; wastewater treatment; Show all 40 Subjects
- ... Background, aim and scope Toxicity testing has become a suitable tool for wastewater evaluation included in several reference documents on best available techniques of the Integrated Pollution Prevention and Control (IPPC) Directive. The IPPC Directive requires that for direct dischargers as well as for indirect dischargers, the same best available techniques should be applied. Within the study, t ...