Jump to Main Content
- Shaheen, Hazem, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Environmental science and pollution research international 2019 v.26 no.23 pp. 23209-23218
- additives; animal models; animals; anthropogenic activities; antioxidants; chronic exposure; epithelium; feeds; health status; heavy metals; hepatocytes; hypertrophy; lead; liver; necrosis; oxidative stress; poisoning; pollutants; renal tubules; risk; spermatocytes; testes; toxicity; working conditions
- ... Lead (Pb) is a toxic heavy metal and an environmental pollutant, particularly because of its anthropogenic activity. The main impacts of Pb is recognized to cause injurious influences of various levels of the tropic chain, due to bio-accumulated lead causes many health issues such as intoxication of different body organs, such as kidneys and liver, and reproductive and nervous systems. Industrial ...
- Shaheen, Hazem M., et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Environmental science and pollution research international 2018 v.25 no.24 pp. 23909-23916
- alanine; albumins; alkaline phosphatase; antioxidant activity; antioxidants; aspartic acid; blood serum; brain; catalase; cholesterol; creatinine; diallyl sulfides; fipronil; gamma-glutamyltransferase; glutathione; glutathione peroxidase; insecticides; laboratory animals; lactate dehydrogenase; males; malondialdehyde; nitric oxide; oxidative stress; rats; superoxide dismutase; tissues; toxicity; triacylglycerols; urea; uric acid
- ... Fipronil (FPN) is a phenylpyrazole insecticide, widely used for agricultural and veterinary activities. Early reports indicated that FIP organ toxicity is primarily mediated by the induction of oxidative stress. Both thymoquinone (TQ) and diallyl sulfide (DAS) are natural antioxidants with established health benefits. This study investigated the potential ameliorative effects of DAS and TQ against ...