Jump to Main Content
Did you mean to type: waris?
- Ahmed, Warish, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Environmental science and pollution research international 2018 v.25 no.6 pp. 5700-5710
- Enterococcus; Escherichia coli; Naegleria fowleri; dose response; genes; indicator species; microbiological risk assessment; models; nitrogen content; pathogens; public health; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; rain; risk; secondary infection; Queensland; South Africa
- ... Roof-harvested rainwater (RHRW) has been used as an alternative source of water in water scarce regions of many countries. The microbiological and chemical quality of RHRW has been questioned due to the presence of bacterial and protozoan pathogens. However, information on the occurrence of pathogenic amoeba in RHRW tank samples is needed due to their health risk potential and known associations w ...
- Ahmed, Warish, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Environmental science and pollution research international 2017 v.24 no.23 pp. 19001-19010
- Rotavirus; activated sludge; humans; t-test; Polyomaviridae; bacteriophages; Microviridae; Norovirus; wastewater; Adenoviridae; pathogens; Escherichia coli
- ... Large-scale wastewater schemes rely on multi-barrier approach for the production of safe and sustainable recycled water. In multi-barrier wastewater reclamation systems, conventional activated sludge process (ASP) often constitutes a major initial treatment step. The main aim of this research was to determine most appropriate sampling approach to establish pathogen removal efficacy of ASP. The res ...