Jump to Main Content
- Fan, Ruifang, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Environmental science and pollution research international 2014 v.21 no.15 pp. 9161-9168
- urine; polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons; municipal solid waste; creatinine; distillation; occupational exposure; fire fighters; aircraft; batteries; metabolites; recycling; China
- ... The study was undertaken to evaluate the environmental exposure to polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons in subjects living in the area of recycling electronic garbage in Southern China and research the influence of environment smoke tobacco (EST) to people through active and passive smoking. Urinary concentrations of 2-hydroxynaphthalene, 2-hydoxyfluorene, 9-hydroxyphenanthrene, and 1-hydroxypyrene we ...
- Fan, Ruifang, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Environmental science and pollution research international 2015 v.22 no.3 pp. 1770-1777
- DNA damage; average daily intake; carcinogenicity; case studies; college students; environmental exposure; humans; linear models; liquid chromatography; metabolites; polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons; reactive oxygen species; regression analysis; risk; smoking (habit); urine; China; United States
- ... Human exposure to carcinogenic polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs) in cigarette smoking might result in generation of reactive oxygen species (ROS) and induce formation of 8-hydroxy-2′-deoxyguanosine (8-OHdG). This study was designed to examine whether levels of 8-OHdG are associated with levels of urinary metabolites of PAHs. Two groups (smokers and non-smokers) were recruited from college st ...