Jump to Main Content
- Shen, Hua; Robertson, Larry W.; Ludewig, Gabriele
- Environmental science and pollution research international 2016 v.23 no.3 pp. 2108-2118
- rats, etc ; agonists; antioxidant activity; antioxidants; aryldialkylphosphatase; at-risk population; blood serum; exposure duration; females; gene expression; gene expression regulation; ligands; liver; males; messenger RNA; neoplasms; oxidative stress; pollution; polychlorinated biphenyls; tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin; tissues; Show all 21 Subjects
- ... Paraoxonase 1 (PON1), an antioxidant enzyme, is believed to play a critical role in many diseases, including cancer. PCBs are widespread environmental contaminants known to induce oxidative stress and cancer and to produce changes in gene expression of various pro-oxidant and antioxidant enzymes. Thus, it appeared of interest to explore whether PCBs may modulate the activity and/or gene expression ...
- PubMed Central:
- Shen, Hua; Li, Miao; Wang, Bingxuan; Lai, Ian K.; Robertson, Larry W.; Ludewig, Gabriele
- Environmental science and pollution research international 2014 v.21 no.10 pp. 6384-6399
- rats, etc ; messenger RNA; liver; reactive oxygen species; lipid peroxidation; thiobarbituric acid-reactive substances; selenium; polychlorinated biphenyls; pollutants; cytochrome P-450; glutathione peroxidase; corn oil; intraperitoneal injection; thiobarbituric acid; antioxidant activity; toxicity; oxidative stress; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... Environmental pollutants polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs), especially dioxin-like PCBs, cause oxidative stress and associated toxic effects, including cancer and possibly atherosclerosis. We previously reported that PCB 126, the most potent dioxin-like PCB congener, not only decreases antioxidants such as hepatic selenium (Se), Se-dependent glutathione peroxidase, and glutathione (GSH) but also in ...
- PubMed Central:
- PMC3769429 [Available on 05/01/15]