Jump to Main Content
- Arain, Sadaf S.; Kazi, Tasneem G.; Arain, Asma J.; Afridi, Hassan I.; Arain, Muhammad B.; Brahman, Kapil D.; Naeemullah,; Panhwar, Abdul H.; Arain, Mariam S.
- Environmental science and pollution research international 2015 v.22 no.16 pp. 12396-12406
- smokeless tobacco, etc ; atomic absorption spectrometry; blood; chelates; detection limit; droplets; hairs; hydrophobicity; ionic liquids; ions; lead; mastication; materials; microextraction; mouth neoplasms; pH; patients; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... Several studies have reported that the chewing habit of smokeless tobacco (SLT) has been associated with oral cancer. The aim of the present study was to evaluate the trace levels of lead (Pb) in biological samples (blood, scalp hair) of oral cancer patients and referents of the same age group (range 30–60 years). As the concentrations of Pb are very low in biological samples, so a simple and effi ...
- Arain, Sadaf Sadia; Kazi, Tasneem Gul; Arain, Jamshed Bashir; Afridi, Hassan Imran; Kazi, Atif Gul; Nasreen, Syeda; Brahman, Kapil Dev
- Environmental science and pollution research international 2014 v.21 no.20 pp. 12017-12027
- smokeless tobacco, etc ; atomic absorption spectrometry; blood serum; ethanol; mastication; nickel; pH; patients; people; public health; surfactants; temperature; Pakistan; Show all 13 Subjects
- ... Oropharyngeal cancer is a significant public health issue in the world. The incidence of oropharyngeal cancer has been increased among people who have habit of chewing smokeless tobacco (SLT) in Pakistan. The aim of present study was to evaluate the concentration of nickel (Ni) in biological samples (whole blood, serum) of oral (n = 95) and pharyngeal (n = 84) male cancer patients. For comparison ...