Jump to Main Content
- Christie, Peter, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Environmental science and pollution research international 2016 v.23 no.15 pp. 15101-15110
- Ipomoea aquatica; acute toxicity; agricultural soils; antioxidants; catalase; enzyme activity; germination; irrigation; leaves; livestock; oxytetracycline; peroxidase; photosynthesis; pollutants; polluted soils; poultry manure; root growth; sewage; soil microorganisms; soil toxicity; stomatal conductance; superoxide dismutase; toxicity testing; water use efficiency
- ... Water spinach (Ipomoea aquatic Forsk.) was selected to investigate the effects of oxytetracycline (OTC) on the toxicity of soil contaminated by long-term sewage irrigation. After acute toxicity test in petri dish at nine different OTC-spiked levels for 48 h, the germination rate was found to be generally inhibited in all treatments treated with OTC but the root elongation and activities of several ...
- Christie, Peter, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Environmental science and pollution research international 2013 v.20 no.8 pp. 5289-5298
- Brassica rapa subsp. chinensis; acetylcholinesterase; agricultural soils; ascorbate peroxidase; biomass; catechol oxidase; free amino acids; humans; malondialdehyde; monitoring; phthalates; phytotoxicity; plastics; pollutants; polluted soils; proline; risk; roots; seed germination; seedling growth; seedlings; seeds; shoots; sugars; superoxide dismutase; China
- ... Phthalic acid esters (PAEs) pollution in agricultural soils caused by widely employed plastic products is becoming more and more widespread in China. PAEs polluted soil can lead to phytotoxicity in higher plants and potential health risks to human being. We evaluated the individual toxicity of di-n-butyl phthalate (DnBP) and bis(2-ethylhexyl) phthalate (DEHP), two representative PAEs, to sown rape ...