Jump to Main Content
- González-Díaz, Óscar, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Environmental science and pollution research international 2018 v.25 no.28 pp. 27724-27736
- X-ray diffraction; air; chemical composition; fruits; graphene; graphene oxide; heat treatment; hematite; hydrogen peroxide; imazalil; iron; irrigation; leaching; magnetic fields; magnetic properties; magnetic separation; magnetite; mineralization; nitrogen; pH; photocatalysis; photocatalysts; silica; titanium dioxide; wastewater; water reuse
- ... Magnetite (Fe₃O₄), a core-shell material (SiO₂@Fe₃O₄), and reduced graphene oxide-Fe₃O₄ (referred as rGO-MN) were used as supports of a specific highly active TiO₂ photocatalyst. Thermal treatments at 200 or 450 °C, different atmospheres (air or N₂), and TiO₂:support weight ratios (1.0, 1.5, or 2.0) were investigated. X-ray diffractograms revealed that magnetite is not oxidized to hematite when th ...
- Flórez-Acosta, Oscar A., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Environmental science and pollution research international 2017 v.24 no.7 pp. 6339-6352
- cloxacillin; photocatalysis; carbon; glucose; decarboxylation; electrochemistry; oxidation; antimicrobial properties; mineralization; mineral water; titanium dioxide; byproducts; pollutants; sodium chloride; hydroxylation; inorganic ions; hydroxyl radicals; aromatic compounds; wastewater; anodes
- ... This study evaluates the treatment of the antibiotic cloxacillin (CLX) in water by means of electrochemical oxidation, TiO₂ photocatalysis, and the photo-Fenton system. The three treatments completely removed cloxacillin and eliminated the residual antimicrobial activity from synthetic pharmaceutical wastewater containing the antibiotic, commercial excipients, and inorganic ions. However, signific ...