Jump to Main Content
- Pawłowska-Góral, Katarzyna; Kimsa-Dudek, Magdalena; Synowiec-Wojtarowicz, Agnieszka; Orchel, Joanna; Glinka, Marek; Gawron, Stanisław
- Environmental science and pollution research international 2016 v.23 no.15 pp. 14989-14996
- glutathione peroxidase, etc ; antioxidant activity; antioxidants; catalase; fibroblasts; glutathione transferase; glutathione-disulfide reductase; homeostasis; humans; in vivo studies; magnetic fields; magnetic materials; messenger RNA; reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction; superoxide dismutase; Show all 15 Subjects
- ... The available evidence from in vitro and in vivo studies is deemed not sufficient to draw conclusions about the potential health effects of static magnetic field (SMF) exposure. Therefore, the aim of the present study was to determine the influence of static magnetic fields and phloretin on the redox homeostasis of human dermal fibroblasts. Control fibroblasts and fibroblasts treated with phloreti ...
- PubMed Central:
- Shen, Hua; Li, Miao; Wang, Bingxuan; Lai, Ian K.; Robertson, Larry W.; Ludewig, Gabriele
- Environmental science and pollution research international 2014 v.21 no.10 pp. 6384-6399
- glutathione peroxidase, etc ; antioxidant activity; antioxidants; corn oil; cytochrome P-450; intraperitoneal injection; lipid peroxidation; liver; messenger RNA; oxidative stress; pollutants; polychlorinated biphenyls; rats; reactive oxygen species; selenium; thiobarbituric acid; thiobarbituric acid-reactive substances; toxicity; Show all 18 Subjects
- ... Environmental pollutants polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs), especially dioxin-like PCBs, cause oxidative stress and associated toxic effects, including cancer and possibly atherosclerosis. We previously reported that PCB 126, the most potent dioxin-like PCB congener, not only decreases antioxidants such as hepatic selenium (Se), Se-dependent glutathione peroxidase, and glutathione (GSH) but also in ...
- PubMed Central:
- PMC3769429 [Available on 05/01/15]