Jump to Main Content
- RoyChowdhury, Abhishek, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Environmental science and pollution research international 2019 v.26 no.14 pp. 14414-14425
- Chrysopogon zizanioides; acid mine drainage; acid soils; acid sulfate soils; acidity; aluminum; application rate; arsenic; calcium; coal; cost effectiveness; drinking water treatment; environmental impact; grasses; greenhouse experimentation; greenhouses; industrial byproducts; iron; leachates; lead; mining; nickel; perennials; phytoremediation; root systems; soil erosion; soil pH; total suspended solids; turbidity; zinc; Illinois
- ... Production of acid mine drainage (AMD) and acid sulfate soils is one of the most concerning environmental consequences associated with mining activities. Implementation of appropriate post-mining AMD management practices is very important to minimize environmental impacts such as high soil acidity, soil erosion, and metal leachability. The objective of this study was to develop a cost-effective an ...
- Roychowdhury, Tarit, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Environmental science and pollution research international 2019 v.26 no.22 pp. 22929-22944
- adults; arsenates; arsenic; arsenites; children; crops; drinking; drinking water; eating habits; exposure pathways; food intake; foods; groundwater; household surveys; humans; markets; neoplasms; nutrient intake; rice; risk; risk assessment; soil; toxicity; transportation; vegetables; water pollution
- ... Arsenic exposure route for humans is through the drinking of contaminated water and intake of arsenic-contaminated foods, particularly in arsenic-exposed areas of Bengal delta. Transport of the arsenic-contaminated crops and vegetables grown using arsenic-contaminated groundwater and soil in arsenic-exposed areas to the uncontaminated sites and consequent dietary intakes leads to great threats for ...