Jump to Main Content
- Santana-Rodríguez, José Juan, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Environmental science and pollution research international 2018 v.25 no.21 pp. 20374-20384
- Arecaceae; aeration; ammonia; biochemical oxygen demand; constructed wetlands; estradiol; estriol; estrone; gravel; mass spectrometry; mulches; municipal wastewater; porous media; prednisone; progesterone; solid phase extraction; steroid hormones; testosterone; ultra-performance liquid chromatography; water flow
- ... Eight wastewater samples from a university campus were analysed between May and July of 2014 to determine the concentration of 14 natural and synthetic steroid hormones. An on-line solid-phase extraction combined with ultra-high performance liquid chromatography coupled with mass spectrometry (on-line SPE-UHPLC-MS/MS) was used as extraction, pre-concentration and detection method. In the samples s ...
- Santana-Rodríguez, José Juan, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Environmental science and pollution research international 2016 v.23 no.24 pp. 24476-24494
- byproducts; detectors; drugs; hormones; laws and regulations; mass spectrometry; oxidation; personal care products; photochemistry; pollutants; society; wastewater; wastewater treatment
- ... Today, the presence of contaminants in the environment is a topic of interest for society in general and for the scientific community in particular. A very large amount of different chemical substances reaches the environment after passing through wastewater treatment plants without being eliminated. This is due to the inefficiency of conventional removal processes and the lack of government regul ...