Jump to Main Content
- Zhao, Hang, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Environmental science and pollution research international 2018 v.25 no.11 pp. 10808-10819
- X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy; activated carbon; adsorption; aqueous solutions; biochar; chromium; energy use and consumption; irradiation; models; pyrolysis; sorption isotherms; surface area; temperature; ultraviolet radiation
- ... This study was conducted to understand the effects of ultraviolet (UV) irradiation on the physicochemical properties and the hexavalent chromium (Cr(VI)) removal ability of biochar. Structural and morphological analysis showed that UV irradiation increased the specific surface area of biochar and added a large amount of oxygen-containing functional groups (e.g., carboxyl, lactonic, and hydroxyl) t ...
- Zhao, Hang, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Environmental science and pollution research international 2014 v.21 no.2 pp. 1582-1591
- X-ray diffraction; analysis of variance; discoloration; dyes; experimental design; mathematical models; process design; response surface methodology; ultraviolet radiation
- ... The anatase/schorl composites were prepared and employed for the photocatalytic discoloration of an azo dye, Methyl Orange (MO). X-ray diffraction results indicated that TiO₂existed in the form of anatase phase and no diffraction peaks of schorl could be observed for all the composite samples. Scanning electron micrographs showed that the particles of anatase were well deposited and dispersed on t ...