Jump to Main Content
- Li Pang Wang
- Environmental technology 2017 v.38 no.17 pp. 2224-2232
- aqueous solutions; boron; environmental technology; ice; inorganic ions; models
- ... This study explored the feasibility of progressive freeze concentration in boron removal and its concentration in aqueous solution. The influence of three key parameters in progressive freeze concentration on boron removal and concentration, namely, the advance speed of the ice front, the circumferential velocity of the stirrer, and the initial boron concentration, are investigated by conducting b ...
- Joanna Kluczka; Teofil Korolewicz; Maria Zołotajkin; Wojciech Simka; Malwina Raczek
- Environmental technology 2013 v.34 no.11 pp. 1369-1376
- adsorbents; adsorption; aqueous solutions; batch systems; boron; energy; enthalpy; entropy; environmental technology; freshwater; heat production; models; pH; temperature; zirconium
- ... A new adsorbent based on natural clinoptilolite and amorphous zirconium dioxide (ZrO₂) was prepared for the uptake of boron from fresh water. The sorption behaviour of this adsorbent for boron was investigated using a batch system and found to obey Langmuir, Freundlich and Dubinin–Radushkevich (D–R) isotherm models. The ZrO₂ loading level, pH, temperature, contact time, initial boron concentration ...