Jump to Main Content
- Kuchapski, Kathryn A.; Rasmussen, Joseph B.
- Environmental toxicology and chemistry 2015 v.34 no.9 pp. 2138-2148
- Ephemeroptera, etc ; Capniidae; Trichoptera; alkalinity; coal; community health; hydrochemistry; macroinvertebrates; mining; selenium; streams; toxicity; Rocky Mountain region; Show all 13 Subjects
- ... To determine the region‐specific impacts of surface coal mines on macroinvertebrate community health, chemical and physical stream characteristics and macroinvertebrate family and community metrics were measured in surface coal mine‐affected and reference streams in the Canadian Rocky Mountains. Water chemistry was significantly altered in mine‐affected streams, which had elevated conductivity, al ...
- Rico, Andreu; Van den Brink, Paul J.
- Environmental toxicology and chemistry 2015 v.34 no.8 pp. 1907-1917
- Ephemeroptera, etc ; Copepoda; Plecoptera; Trichoptera; United States Environmental Protection Agency; acute toxicity; aquatic invertebrates; arthropods; correlation; databases; insecticides; lentic systems; mechanism of action; population; prediction; risk assessment; sclerotization; United States; Show all 18 Subjects
- ... In the present study, the authors evaluated the vulnerability of aquatic invertebrates to insecticides based on their intrinsic sensitivity and their population‐level recovery potential. The relative sensitivity of invertebrates to 5 different classes of insecticides was calculated at the genus, family, and order levels using the acute toxicity data available in the US Environmental Protection Age ...