Jump to Main Content
- Dube, M.G.; Culp, J.M.
- Environmental toxicology and chemistry 1996 v.15 no.11 pp. 2019-2027
- Chironomidae; biofilm; biomass; carbon; chlorophyll; grazing; growth retardation; insects; monitoring; periphyton; phenolic compounds; phosphorus; pulp; pulp and paper mill effluents; resin acids; rivers; streams; wood extractives; British Columbia
- ... Experiments were conducted in artificial streams to determine the effects of increasing concentrations of bleached-kraft pulp mill effluent (BKME) on periphyton and chironomid (Chironomidae) growth in the Thompson River, British Columbia, Canada. Periphyton growth, as determined by increases in chlorophyll a, was significantly stimulated at all effluent concentrations tested (0.25, 0.5, 1.0, 5.0, ...
- Vlaardingen, P.L.A. van; Steinhoff, W.J.; Voogt, P. de.; Admiraal, W.A.
- Environmental toxicology and chemistry 1996 v.15 no.11 pp. 2035-2042
- Scenedesmus; chlorophyll; ionization; isomers; mechanism of action; quinoline; surface area; toxicity
- ... The toxicity of three two-ring and five three-ring azaarenes to the green alga Scenedesmus acuminatus and its relationship with molecular structure was investigated. Indole, quinoline, isoquinoline, and carbazole did not inhibit the growth rate of S. acuminatus in 96-h batch culture assays up to 10 mg/L. Chlorophyll-a content appeared to be a more sensitive response parameter than growth for five ...