Jump to Main Content
- Reader, S.; Saint Louis, R.; Pelletier, E.; Denizeau, F.
- Environmental toxicology and chemistry 1996 v.15 no.11 pp. 2049-2052
- Oncorhynchus mykiss; biotransformation; cell viability; cytochrome P-450; dibutyltin; exposure duration; hepatocytes; metabolism; metabolites; pollutants; tin; tri-n-butyltin hydride; tributyltin; trout
- ... In the present study, metabolism of tributyltin (TBT) by isolated trout hepatocytes was investigated over a short exposure time. For this, the cells were exposed to TBT, and the determination of TBT and possible metabolites was performed. Cell viability and cytochrome P-450 activity were also measured. After 15 min of exposure to 1 micromolar TBT 72 +/- 23% of the total tin recovery was observed i ...
- Kim, G.B.; Tanabe, S.; Tatsukawa, R.; Loughlin, T.R.; Shimazaki, K.
- Environmental toxicology and chemistry 1996 v.15 no.11 pp. 2043-2048
- Eumetopias jubatus; animals; bioaccumulation; coastal water; dibutyltin; diet; excretion; liver; tributyltin; Alaska; Japan
- ... The present study was conducted to examine sex difference, age, and temporal trends of butyltin accumulation and its biomagnification in Steller sea lion (Eumetopias jubatus) collected from Alaska, USA, during 1976-1985 and from Hokkaido, Japan, during 1994-1995. Average concentration of total butyltin compounds (Epsilon BT) in the liver of Steller sea lion from Alaska (19 ng/g wet weight) was muc ...