Jump to Main Content
- Reader, S.; Saint Louis, R.; Pelletier, E.; Denizeau, F.
- Environmental toxicology and chemistry 1996 v.15 no.11 pp. 2049-2052
- Oncorhynchus mykiss; biotransformation; cell viability; cytochrome P-450; dibutyltin; exposure duration; hepatocytes; metabolism; metabolites; pollutants; tin; tri-n-butyltin hydride; tributyltin; trout
- ... In the present study, metabolism of tributyltin (TBT) by isolated trout hepatocytes was investigated over a short exposure time. For this, the cells were exposed to TBT, and the determination of TBT and possible metabolites was performed. Cell viability and cytochrome P-450 activity were also measured. After 15 min of exposure to 1 micromolar TBT 72 +/- 23% of the total tin recovery was observed i ...
- Knaebel, D.B.; Federle, T.W.; McAvoy, D.C.; Vestal, J.R.
- Environmental toxicology and chemistry 1996 v.15 no.11 pp. 1865-1875
- agricultural soils; bioavailability; chemical concentration; fulvic acids; humic acids; illite; kaolinite; metabolism; microbial biomass; microbial communities; mineralization; models; montmorillonite; nonionic surfactants; sand; soil microorganisms; soil mineralogy
- ... This study investigated the interactions between organic chemicals and components of the soil matrix and their effects on subsequent microbial mineralization kinetics. Five 14C-labeled chemicals (anionic, cationic, and nonionic surfactants) were aseptically sorbed to montmorillonite, kaolinite, illite, sand, humic acids, and fulvic acids. Small amounts of these sorbed chemicals were dosed to an ac ...