Jump to Main Content
- Rizzi, Juliane; Pérez‐Albaladejo, Elisabet; Fernandes, Denise; Contreras, Javier; Froehner, Sandro; Porte, Cinta
- Environmental toxicology and chemistry 2017 v.36 no.7 pp. 1811-1819
- Dicentrarchus labrax; bass; bioassays; chemical analysis; cytotoxicity; endocrine-disrupting chemicals; environmental quality; estrogens; estuaries; guidelines; hepatoma; organochlorine pesticides; pollutants; polychlorinated biphenyls; polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons; sediments; Brazil
- ... The present study characterizes the quality of sediments from the Paranaguá Estuarine Complex (South Brazil). Polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs), polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs), and organochlorine pesticides (OCPs) were determined in sediment samples together with a series of different in vitro bioassays. The fish hepatoma cell line (PLHC‐1) was used to determine the presence of cytotoxic c ...
- Ferraz, Mariana Aliceda; Alves, Aline Vecchio; de Cássia Muniz, Cynthia; Pusceddu, Fabio Hermes; Gusso‐Choueri, Paloma Kachel; Santos, Aldo Ramos; Choueri, Rodrigo Brasil
- Environmental toxicology and chemistry 2017 v.36 no.7 pp. 1820-1832
- EDTA (chelating agent); Echinoidea; aeration; ammonia; arsenic; bioassays; chemical analysis; coasts; effluents; hydrophobicity; metals; non-polar compounds; pH; polychlorinated biphenyls; polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons; sediments; sewage; solid phase extraction; sulfides; surfactants; toxicity; Brazil
- ... Domestic sewage is a major problem in highly urbanized coastal areas worldwide. In the present study, toxicity identification evaluation (TIE) phases I and II were applied to sediment interstitial water from 2 locations along the São Paulo coast in southeastern Brazil: the sewage outfalls from the city of Santos, a densely urbanized area, and the city of Bertioga, a less urbanized area. An adapted ...