Jump to Main Content
- Wilson, Alexander D.M.; Godin, Jean-Guy J.; Ward, Ashley J.W.
- Ethology 2010 v.116 no.1 pp. 96-104
- Gambusia holbrooki; body size; ecology; fecundity; fish; pregnancy; reproductive traits; risk; surface water; New South Wales
- ... Animals are known to exhibit 'personality'; that is, individual differences in behaviour that are consistent across time and/or situations. One axis of personality of particular importance for behavioural ecology is boldness, which can be defined as the tendency of an individual to take risks. The relationship between individual personality and fitness correlates, particularly those involved in re ...
- Fisher, Heidi S.; Rosenthal, Gil G.
- Ethology 2010 v.116 no.1 pp. 32-38
- Xiphophorus birchmanni; community structure; females; fish; hybridization; reproductive isolation; rivers; streams
- ... As major river drainages separated and stream capture occurred, some populations of Xiphophorus fishes became geographically isolated from one another, while others came into contact with new Xiphophorus species. Sexual communication and mechanisms of reproductive isolation were likely influenced by the variation in community structure each population experienced. One swordtail species, Xiphophoru ...