Jump to Main Content
- Wang, Licheng; Tang, Xinrui; Wu, Jianhui; Shen, Chuan; Dai, Miaofei; Wang, Qilin; Zeng, Qingdong; Kang, Zhensheng; Wu, Yunfeng; Han, Dejun
- Euphytica 2019 v.215 no.4 pp. 68
- mature plants, etc ; Puccinia striiformis f. tritici; Triticum aestivum; crop production; cultivars; disease resistance; genes; plant breeding; races; seedlings; spring; stripe rust; wheat; China; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... Stripe (yellow) rust is one of the most destructive diseases in wheat production. More than 80 stripe rust resistance (Yr) genes have been officially named, however Yr26 gene has lost resistance to CYR34 (V26) since 2011. In this study, we evaluated resistance of 692 elite wheat cultivars from China to stripe rust in adult plant stage and resistance to CYR32, CYR33, and CYR34 Pst races in seedling ...
- Che, Mingzhe; Hiebert, Colin W.; McCartney, Curt A.; Zhang, Zhongjun; McCallum, Brent D.
- Euphytica 2019 v.215 no.2 pp. 29
- mature plants, etc ; Triticum aestivum; breeding programs; chromosomes; disease resistance; doubled haploids; field experimentation; genetic markers; greenhouse experimentation; hybrids; leaf rust; plant breeding; resistance genes; seedlings; single nucleotide polymorphism; stem rust; wheat; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... A wheat accession from the Kyoto University Collection, KU168-2, was identified as carrying good resistance to leaf rust and stem rust. To analyze this resistance a doubled haploid (DH) population was produced from hybrids of the cross KU168-2 with the leaf rust susceptible line RL6071. The DH population, of 116 lines, was evaluated for leaf rust resistance in the greenhouse at the seedling and ad ...