Jump to Main Content
- Liu, Liu; Sun, Tingting; Liu, Xiangyu; Guo, Yu; Huang, Xin; Gao, Peng; Wang, Xuezheng
- Euphytica 2019 v.215 no.2 pp. 20
- genetic analysis, etc ; Cucumis melo; DNA; chromosome mapping; chromosomes; dominant genes; high-throughput nucleotide sequencing; melons; plant breeding; Show all 9 Subjects
- ... As an important commodity trait in melons, the rind is the most direct standard of evaluation for consumers. In this study, we obtained an F₂ melon population derived from self-crossing an F₁ generation from a cross between X010 (green rind with stripes) and M1-113 (white rind without stripes) and performed genetic analysis and mapping. Genetic analysis revealed that a single dominant gene (st3) c ...
- Grover, Gomti; Sharma, Achla; Srivastava, Puja; Kaur, Jaspal; Bains, N. S.
- Euphytica 2019 v.215 no.3 pp. 57
- genetic analysis, etc ; Puccinia striiformis f. tritici; backcrossing; breeding programs; cultivars; dominant genes; introgression; major genes; parents; pathogens; pathotypes; plant breeding; spring wheat; stripe rust; winter wheat; India; Show all 16 Subjects
- ... Stripe rust disease caused by Puccinia striiformis f. sp. tritici is of much importance in North-Western Plain Zone of India (NWPZ) since the resistance breakdown of the widely grown wheat cultivar PBW 343. With the rapid emergence and spread of aggressive rust pathogens, robust and durable resistant crop cultivar development becomes the urgent need for any wheat breeding program to sustain. In or ...