Jump to Main Content
- Avila, C. M.; Mattera, M. G.; Rodríguez-Suárez, C.; Palomino, C.; Ramírez, M. C.; Martin, A.; Kilian, A.; Hornero-Méndez, D.; Atienza, S. G.
- Euphytica 2019 v.215 no.3 pp. 45
- genetic analysis, etc ; Hordeum chilense; Hordeum vulgare; barley; enzymes; esterification; esters; genes; linoleic acid; lutein; palmitic acid; plant breeding; population structure; reciprocal translocation; seeds; wild relatives; Show all 16 Subjects
- ... The high carotenoid content and distinctive carotenoid profile of tritordeum are conferred by its wild progenitor, Hordeum chilense. Genetic studies on this wild barley could exploit the knowledge gained in Hordeum vulgare L. if the synteny between H. vulgare and H. chilense is established. DArTSeq markers were aligned to barley genome and used to inspect H. chilense-barley synteny. All chromosome ...
- De Guzman, Christian T.; Linscombe, Steven D.; Oard, James H.
- Euphytica 2019 v.215 no.2 pp. 39
- genetic analysis, etc ; Oryza sativa; enzymes; hybrids; loci; photoperiod; plant breeding; pollen; recessive genes; rice; sequence analysis; single nucleotide polymorphism; temperature; Louisiana; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... Two line hybrid rice (Oryza sativa L.) breeding uses environment-sensitive genic male sterile (EGMS) lines to produce sterile or fertile pollen depending on daylength and/or temperature. There is limited information on the performance and genetic control of EGMS lines under U.S. environments. Therefore, genetic characterization of two F₂ and four BC₁F₂ populations derived from EGMS line 2009S was ...