Jump to Main Content
- De Guzman, Christian T.; Linscombe, Steven D.; Oard, James H.
- Euphytica 2019 v.215 no.2 pp. 39
- genetic analysis, etc ; Oryza sativa; enzymes; hybrids; loci; photoperiod; plant breeding; pollen; recessive genes; rice; sequence analysis; single nucleotide polymorphism; temperature; Louisiana; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... Two line hybrid rice (Oryza sativa L.) breeding uses environment-sensitive genic male sterile (EGMS) lines to produce sterile or fertile pollen depending on daylength and/or temperature. There is limited information on the performance and genetic control of EGMS lines under U.S. environments. Therefore, genetic characterization of two F₂ and four BC₁F₂ populations derived from EGMS line 2009S was ...
- Rauf, Muhammad; Choi, Yu-Mi; Lee, Sukyeung; Lee, Myung-Chul; Oh, Sejong; Hyun, Do Yoon
- Euphytica 2019 v.215 no.2 pp. 19
- genetic analysis, etc ; alpha-amylase; anaerobic conditions; binding proteins; coleoptiles; crop yield; direct seeding; ethylene; genotype; germplasm; irrigation; loci; major genes; plant breeding; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction; rice; seed germination; soil; water supply; Show all 20 Subjects
- ... Anaerobic conditions in waterlogged soil lead to low germination rates, which significantly reduce crop yields. Good seed germination is prerequisite for direct-seeded cultivation of rice to obtain optimal yields not only in irrigated lowland but most importantly in rain-fed and waterlogged areas where water supply could be more than needed. Due to the limited availability of rice genotypes suitab ...