Jump to Main Content
- Paris, Harry S.; Hanan, Aviva; Baumkoler, Fabian
- Euphytica 2013 v.191 no.1 pp. 99-107
- Cucurbita pepo; alleles; color; cultivars; fruits; gene segregation; genotype; loci; progeny; recessive genes; squashes; stems
- ... Of the 13 genes described as affecting fruit color in Cucurbita pepo, one, D (Dark stem), also markedly affects stem color. The D allele confers dark stems and dark intermediate-age fruits, is dominant to the d allele for light stems and fruits, and epistatic to two recessive genes conferring light fruit coloration, l-1 and l-2. However, a gene for light fruit coloration, W (Weak fruit color), is ...
- Karmakar, Pradip; Munshi, A. D.; Behera, T. K.; Kumar, Ravinder; Kaur, C.; Singh, B. K.
- Euphytica 2013 v.191 no.1 pp. 75-84
- Luffa acutangula; alleles; antioxidant activity; antioxidants; ascorbic acid; carotenoids; crossing; fruits; genetic improvement; genetic variation; genotype; hybrids; parents
- ... An experiment was conducted with the objectives to evaluate the breeding potential of hermaphrodite lines and to suggest suitable breeding approaches following half-diallel mating design for genetic improvement of antioxidant content and activity in ridge gourd [Luffa acutangula (Roxb.) L.] fruits. Twenty-eight genotypes, including seven parental lines and 21 crosses, were grown in randomized bloc ...