Jump to Main Content
- Hegedűs, A.; Taller, D.; Papp, N.; Szikriszt, B.; Ercisli, S.; Halász, J.; Stefanovits-Bányai, É.
- Euphytica 2013 v.191 no.1 pp. 153-164
- Prunus avium; anthocyanins; antioxidant activity; antioxidants; cultivars; fruit crops; fruits; functional properties; genotype; germplasm; hybridization; progeny; seedlings; soluble solids
- ... Breeding for higher levels of health-promoting components are among the priorities for many fruit crops. Such an approach requires breeding material displaying great variations in the trait to be improved. Commercial sweet cherry cultivars demonstrate only limited variability in fruit antioxidant parameters and hence this study was carried out to characterize some Ukrainian sweet cherry cultivars ...
- Karmakar, Pradip; Munshi, A. D.; Behera, T. K.; Kumar, Ravinder; Kaur, C.; Singh, B. K.
- Euphytica 2013 v.191 no.1 pp. 75-84
- Luffa acutangula; alleles; antioxidant activity; antioxidants; ascorbic acid; carotenoids; crossing; fruits; genetic improvement; genetic variation; genotype; hybrids; parents
- ... An experiment was conducted with the objectives to evaluate the breeding potential of hermaphrodite lines and to suggest suitable breeding approaches following half-diallel mating design for genetic improvement of antioxidant content and activity in ridge gourd [Luffa acutangula (Roxb.) L.] fruits. Twenty-eight genotypes, including seven parental lines and 21 crosses, were grown in randomized bloc ...